As a publicly supported learning center, Tunxis provides an array of educational services designed to meet the training, occupational, intellectual, and cultural needs of the people of its region. The College seeks to serve all those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills; it does so by making its services easily accessible and supports these services through the quality of its faculty and staff. Tunxis bases its operations on the belief that learning is best accomplished through the evaluation of current skills and knowledge, the identification of educational objectives, the determination of a proper balance between study and other responsibilities, and involvement in the educational process that meets one’s objectives.
Tunxis Community College is licensed and accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Incorporated.
The College is authorized to award the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees. College curricula are registered and approved by the Department of Higher Education of the State of Connecticut. All degrees and most certificate programs are approved for veterans educational assistance.
Purpose of the College
In seeking to increase opportunities for further education within its region, Tunxis Community College is committed to a program of learning and services that provides:
- a stimulating, effective, and economical education for qualified students who wish to attend college within commuting distance of their homes;
- career programs leading to the associate’s degree for those students who desire employment after two years of college;
- liberal arts and pre-professional education leading to the associate’s degree for those students who plan to transfer to baccalaureate programs in senior colleges or universities;
- certificate programs for those students who desire a short period of specialized study;
- counseling to aid students in the development of their educational, vocational, and personal goals;
- opportunities for continuing education through part-time study;
- a spectrum of extracurricular activities designed to enhance student awareness of social and cultural values and of community issues
Sign in to add your comment.