The objective of this program is to strengthen existing Connecticut manufacturers by facilitating and/or accelerating the development, sales and manufacturing of innovative, diverse products (including software) and services. The specific objective is to enable firms to design and develop innovative technologies that diversify their portfolio of products thereby retaining/increasing sales and employment in the State.
Connecticut Innovations (CI) is administering this program on a matching grant basis. Companies will partner with this program by providing a dollar-for-dollar match, maximum of $25,000. Awards under this program are contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Firms must have a NAICS Code of 311111-339999 for manufacturing companies
- Firms must provide at least three years historical financial information
- Firms must have established operations in the State of Connecticut
- Firms must remain in Connecticut for 10 years once grant is received
- Firms must have less than 500 employees Each eligible firm will have the opportunity to submit and win one proposal per year.
Grants are up to $25,000 and are funded on a competitive basis, according to the following process:
- Application Submittal
- Review Process, including independent reviews and possible site visit
- Project start date: (maximum duration of the project - 9 months)
- Evaluation period extending 2 years beyond project completion
How to Start
- Please read Program Guidelines found above
- Become a member of the CTiHUB-Register here.
- Contact SBIDP - Christine.email@example.com - & request a private page be created for your company so you can submit your forms.
- Download and complete the following forms ...
Please Download and Review the How to Request Letter of Good Standing
- Upload all your Applications and Letters of Good Standing to your private page under the appropriate steps.
- Once the Applications are filled in and uploaded, then the project is reviewed and scored for technical merit by an outside Reviewer Group and you will recieve an email with Approval or not. (usually takes one week).
- If project passes Technical review then it is sent out for Financial review (usually takes one week)
- Project Funding agreement (All Letters of Good standing must be received)
- Project Starts
There are no events at this time
Please keep checking back for the latest events